The books have gone!
The drive was really successfull with about 300 books donated and sorted, listed and packed off to the prisons. It was lots of work at the end and I felt really overwhelmed but by hiring Sylvia, and with Nathan's help, it was done. I will write a report for the Social Justice Committee. I did not take a picture of the pile of boxes, because I forgot to before leaving work. There were 30 boxes - three of fiction from the town library, three of encyclopedias, also from the town library and 24 of donated books. Kathryn, from Borallon, rang to say that she had received them but that the courier had only delivered 5! I hope she can get them to locate the others. No word from BWCC or Wolston about theirs.
Worst event - Barbara falling over box in corridor where I was packing it. She fell on her knee and it is swollen and sore but unharmed. She was carrying papers and reading them so not watching where she was going, but it was my fault for having the box in the way. Best event - Nathan's help and competence. He is an organized chap. He brough his baby son - a real cutie - to the second last session. Then on the last day he came and helped when I had just received another 2 boxes of books from Ronel. They were magnificent books, all recent and on varied areas in Business. They will be most useful.
Marilyn will be in on Tuesday so I hope I meet her for coffee. I must get around to asking her out for a meal here, before we finally sell.
There have been a few inspections but no one yet wants to buy.
Hugh is recovering quickly, still getting tired, but doing things like mowing.
Yesterday we cleaned up the bank behind the house. The day before I used the electric hedge clippers to cut it back. This was the first time I had used them and found them easy. The most frustrating thing was the cord kept uncoupling because it was a bit stretched and I did not have the two tied effectively.
Today, I have the usual soil mite itch spots. No wonder I don't go out in the garden much. Each time I do I get these intensely itch hive-like spots. It has happened all my life since moving to Glenorina.
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment